Is naming convention so IMP???

Why naming convention is so important?

I never understood this when my manager used to say this. My multiskilled brain sorted out with lot of questions as who cares about the name of my code. As a owner of the code, i can name it and once the testing is over, i gonna place this is in server. From there everyone will run it with some other front end tool. Why to name this in some convention and follow it through out my life?

But i understood this last saturday after an incident. Even Newton discovered about gravity after an incident only right?

As because of my personal work, I decided to go Adyar from Avadi. Bus route to Adyar is 47A which goes till Thiruvanmiyur. But as it is long distance route, frequency is less. I missed one bus and not sure about next bus timing. I saw the bus numbered 41A which goes till Mandhaveli. All our new MTC buses have electronic LED that displays the route it passes by. I saw a name called "Adyar gate" and got into bus thinking that Adyar depot is nearer from Adyar gate. I already got 30 rs pass which can be used through out the day in any MTC buses. Bus started at 4 and it went in all long distance. I asked driver to inform when it reaches Adyar. He stared at me and said its going to mandhaveli. I was bit confused as I know about the routes around T.nagar . I had confident as it went till nandhanam but confirmed that we are travelling in wrong bus when it turn left before reaching saidapet. I asked my co-passenger without showing my ignorance that how much time will it take to reach Adyar from Mandhaveli. He said 10 minutes and i just calmed myself as he also said it will take 10 more minutes to reach mandhveli. So totally 20 minutes and i can be there in time. After some kilometers, I saw very big building which had a unwritten name in its walls as a five star hotel which is named as "Hotel Adyar gate". Oh my God!. This is the incident which clearly explained why naming convention is so important. Later on i searched in google and find out that it is a famous hotel in mandhaveli. Because of its name, i took that bus and roamed all over chennai. To reach Adyar, the route i used is Avadi --> Ambattur --> Padi --> Anna nagar --> Aminjikarai --> Ayanvaram --> Kilpauk --> Chetpet --> Nungampakkam --> nandhanam --> Alwarpet-->"ADYAR GATE" --> Mandhaveli --> Adyar. This is because of naming convention!!!!


Adyar gate hotel in Alwarpet or Mandhavel !!!^&%$%!$#!

Posted in Labels: , , , |

0 comments: